Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Sculptured Ice Fountain























I just posted a new set of photos on my Flickr page that I took in January, but just got to editting today. Here's the scoop: We had a bad freeze that lasted a few days and the fountain in my complex was left on. It's a big sculptured fountain with 3 semi-nude ladies whom I prefer to think of as lovers. During the freeze I noticed that Ice had been building on it for days giving it kind of creepy look. The last night before it was supposed warm up, I went out, braving the frigid temp to make some photos. I think they came out pretty cool, but there's a few different things I want to try if it ever happens again. Oh, and as a note, I was originally gonna edit these to black and white, but the detail in the marble and awkward night lighting ended up looking better in color. Check them out on my Flickr page and make sure to hit the "all sizes" button to see them as they were intended. www.flickr.com/photos/ryshu
Let me know if you dig 'em!

•••••

My music post yesterday could be considered a little sappy. So today, I've decided to post somethin with a little edge. This will be featured on my MySpace profile playlist for a week or so if you wanna check it out. I'm gonna do this whenever I can with Music I feature here.




















Todays feature song:
"You Ain't Know" by Birdman & Lil Wayne
album: Like Father, Like Son 2006

Great high-energy hardcore thuggish song with an infectious Scott Storch beat. I've been playing this shit non-stop for the last couple days.  

1 comment:

  1. good song. i have a song i listen too for similar effect, "position of power" from 50 cent's the massacre album. if you haven't heard it, stop waiting. --Jamie

    ReplyDelete